[Loch-soilleir] it's a good day to fight

Baronman at aol.com Baronman at aol.com
Tue Jun 5 12:08:15 PDT 2007

In a message dated 6/5/2007 1:29:27 PM Central Daylight Time,
paris-1956 at hotmail.com writes:

As an  older member (since 87) in the SCA, being it here in the Loch or
Stargate,
I have been to the U of H several times and was not  inpressed. I have seen
as you have, to drive far and no one to fight. No  one see's us at night
there
whitch is what we want.  I remember  the FrendsWood a park there so beautyful
and why did we loose it ? There  mondans saw us and asked question, made new
friends
and some new  members to "Our Dream".
I say let StarGate be StarGate and leave the  the Loch alone for our
practice.
The less the drive, more will show  up.

Mouse

Hey Mouse- Bors  - this has been beat to death, mostly by me  several years
ago.  It seems that the knights of the Loch, Sig, Rurik,  Galen, Alexis (
apologies to anyone forgotten- Didn't mention HE Ulsted because
he is alway good to show) no longer feel they have the responsibilities to
show and train. The numbers of devoted fighters (myself included )have slowly
dwindled to a precious few (myself included ).  Stargate no longer feels
obligated to visit the Loch fighter practices and vice versa.  The only way  to
offset this situation is to hold a combined fighter practice - where else- in
Stargate, at night, on a closed campus., and that doesn't even insure a
respectable turn out. Do you get new members interested? Sure -collage students  but
no one else.  The Loch has tried to hold a once a month practice in a  park
with refreshments but no one knows what park because it is always a  different
one and after showing up with my armor three differnt times and  finding no
one to play with - I gave up.  If you have a good solution on  how to fix the
problem, I am willing to listen and work with you but I am not  sure if anyone
else is.  I miss the practices at Randolph park on Sunday  afternoons- if not
for the fighting at least for seeing some old friends.

Bors
Baron Loch  Soillier
Malleus et Deus