[Loch-soilleir] it's a good day to fight

Steelquist, John F John.F.Steelquist at boeing.com
Tue Jun 5 13:44:31 PDT 2007

And my fennig and a half:

I *really* try to make Tuesday practice on a regular basis, or make sure
some other Knight is going, but due to a busier schedule have been
unable to do so for the last month or so (hmm - wonder what happened :)
).

And on the subject of 'backyard' practices - I can say that those, too,
have suffered greatly in attendance.  There's a cycle in practice
attendance (as Michael called it - the "summer doldrums") and
unfortunately this has recently been compounded by several of the more
regular fighters getting busy at the same time.  It really is true that
an expectation of practice makes a practice.

And I agree that another location might help to get us more exposure and
perhaps be more convenient.  The site we are currently uisng was
originally chosen for its abundant parking, closeness to facilities, and
lighting over a grass field.  The parking isn't as convenient (not
available until 7 pm) and the lighting and field conditions have
deteriorated, so...

And now I'm adding to the problem by saying that I won't be there
tonight.  So, I instead make this vow - I *will* be at practice next
Tuesday, the 12th.  And I strongly encourage anyone who can make it
tonight to do so, as you might want an extra practice before then... :D

Ulsted, Aetheling