[Loch-soilleir] You know you're in the SCA when...

Hedwig honeyfrog at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 09:16:52 PDT 2007

Alright, so I've always loved those little stories that start with that line
but I never thought it would happen to us.  I mean, we rarely take our girls
anywhere with us and mostly we don't talk a lot about our hobby (or so I
thought).  So, I get this email from Blair's 4th grade teacher today about
something that happened yesterday.
Apparently they have started talking about Thanksgiving things already in
some capacity or another.  When Blair's teacher started going into the whole
"the pilgrims were here first" thing Blair raised her hand and politely
said,
"Excuse me Mrs. _______, but weren't the Vikings actually here first?"
To which her teacher had to say, "Why yes Blair, they actually were, thank
you for pointing that out to the class."

So, they pick up more than we realize even in passing conversation.  Score
one for the history geeks!

Hedwig

--
Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them,
but I can look up and see the beauty, believe in them, and try to follow