[Loch-soilleir] Co-Sponsoring Coastal Invasion

Bill Butler chemistbb3 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 24 16:07:38 PDT 2008

Unto the populace, I must beg your appology for what will have to occur.

As you know, I was not able to attend the last Populace meeting.  When I asked Brian to talk about the Loch co-sponsoring Coastal Invasion with the Shire of Seawinds  I did not make some items as clear to him as I should.  I also assumed that he was avare of some of the things discussed with Seawinds and he was not.  I was in a hurry to get items packed and get to bed for an early flight.

The main issue is that this WILL NOT be a "IN NAME ONLY" co-sponsorship.

What was agreeded on was, for this year, Loch Soilleir was not going to have any fiscal responsibility and we would not realise any fiscal gain.  That is that no baronial funds would be used for this event and we would not get any part of the profits, if any.  There are a couple of reasons the arrangement was made this way due to some site issues and possible conflicts that were around when the initial talks were going on between myself and the stewards for the event in Seawinds.

However, and I need to make this perfectly clear, we will be taking part in this event with both our Baronial resources and manpower.  Due to the distance involved, it was agreeded that as a group, we would not be involved in the set up, however anyone who could get there early are encouraged to help with the setup.  We would be involved in the teardown and cleanup.  Also, we would be involved in running the lists, serving feast, and other tasks. The event steward will be forwarding lists for us to sign up for tasks and shifts.  Also, they have requested the use of our tables, list field supplies, and banner box.  These will have to be brought to the site.  Seawinds will be checking their supplies to see what else they would need from us for this event.

In light of this information, I must have this item brought back before the Populace at our next meeting for your discussion and approval.

Thank you

William
Baron