[Loch-soilleir] alive and well

Rebecca Cook grammyrebecca at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 23 10:38:10 PDT 2008

Greetings,
I don't know if many of you remember me, as I have only been to a couple of Wyllow's classes and 2 populace meetings.  As I am still trying to decide who I am in the SCA, I will simply identify myself with my mundane name. I am Rebecca McGlothlin of Surfside Beach.
As did many of you, my husband and I "ran" from Ike, going to Dallas to be with our eldest daughter.  When we returned last Tuesday, we found, miraculously, a home which had stood the hurricane, and was (on the inside) just as we'd left it.  We are minus stairs and part of the deck, and, of course, everything that was in the storage shed underneath.  We are feeling extremely blessed and lucky.  We are hearing rumors of 2 to 3 months before we have water and sewer, and the electric folks won't even venture a guess at this point.
We are currently staying in Lake Jackson in a motel, and continue to feel nothing less than lucky.
I hope all of you are well and healthy.
Just a little side note.....when we went into the house (by ladder) I went straight to my closet, and exclaimed quite noisily, "My garb is safe!!!"
Happiness and Health to You All
Rebecca McGlothlin

When I stand before God
at the end of my life,