[Loch-soilleir] Thoughts To Consider for Populace Next Week

Langhans, Erik elanghans at khou.com
Wed Aug 12 08:39:53 PDT 2009

Will you be at populace?  You should.  I would like to put out a thought for consideration and discussion.

There are some critical issues impacting the health and well-being of our Barony...

It has become critically hard to find replacements for any and all of our required offices (Seneschal, Treasurer, Hospitaler, Chronicler, Herald, A&S and/or Marshal (Rapier and/or Chivalric).  That is 7-8 officers.

It has become critically hard to find ER deputies for any and all of our required officer (Seneschal, Treasurer, Hospitaler, Chronicler, Herald, A&S and/or Marshal (Rapier and/or Chivalric).  That is 7-8 ER Deputy Officers.

It has become critically hard to find folks to Steward and/or Cater our required Baronial events. 2 Events.

It has become critically hard to find folks to Steward and/or Cater our additional Baronial events. 1-2 events.

There is a lot of officer hat passing; one officer stepping down only to take up a new office because no one wanted to take it.

Let's do the math.  7 required officers + 7 ER Deputies to those officers = 14 officer.  Plus 2-3 Stewards + 2-3 Caterers.

Sooooooo.....here is the question.  Take a deep breath.

Has the time come to pack it in and move from Barony to Shire.  If you do this you are only required to fill 3 offices; (Seneschal, Treasurer, and one of the following Herald, A&S and/or Marshal (Rapier and/or Chivalric).

If you do not think we should become a Shire, NOW is time to step up and take an office or a ER deputy position.  I did my part.  Aside from my duties as a Director on the Board of SCA, Inc., yesterday I spoke with Wissa to become one of her Knight Marshal Deputies. I also pledge to put my application in for that office if and when it opens up fo apps.

What office will you take?

Or should we become a Shire?

See you next Tues for a lively discussion.  Please come.  If you only come once per year, come to the next populace.

Master Modius von Mergentheim, OL, OP, WSA, CSS, Baron, Lion
Proud Loch Subject