[Loch-soilleir] Children's Activities at Lochoberfest

Wyllow MacMuireadhaigh wyllowmacm at netscape.net
Wed Oct 28 21:22:08 PDT 2009

Yes, there will be Children's activities at Lochtoberfest!

One that the populace at Large should be aware of is based on an old
tradition, predating Halloween, that the last fruits of the field had
to be harvested by the end of October.  The rest was left in the
fields for the beasts (or more faery spirits).  So, the children will
be wandering, looking for those last "fruits" to fill their baskets.
If you wish to encourage them, feel free to plan to bring your
gleanings, and make them available to any child who is polite enough
to ask.

Many of the children's activities are just as fun for the older
Youths, who may join in, help out, or - after the smaller ones have
cleared the "field" - take over and raise the stakes.

Also, our Brewer's Guild is preparing a "Lamb's Keg" - full of non-
alcoholic root beer - for those to young or otherwise unable to
imbibe the fermented drinks.

Remember to encourage our young artisans, scholars, and performers to
enter the Children's A&S competition.

Come, join us for an All-Hallow's Eve you'll never forget!

In Service to the Dream,
H.L. Willoc mac Muiredaig