[Loch-soilleir] Populace Notes

Neisha Walker-Williams taliagracesca at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 3 13:05:24 PDT 2014

Good Afternoon My Lords and Ladies!  Here are the notes I took at populace on Tuesday.  Sorry they are so late. I was having commuter issues.  :-(
Talia

Populace Notes: April 1st Meeting

·
Heavy Fighting:

Practice should pick up over the next month or
so dependent up on the weather.  (Cael
says he’s sorry about the weather.  He
has to think long term and wants to make sure there’s not a drought this
summer.  You can send any complaints you
have to his new celebrity FB Page!) (Note: All comments in parenthesis should
be taken with a grain of salt as Talia is sleepy!)o
Oliver is very appreciative of the work Kite
does.  He has to be gone for work quite
often and without her practice could not happen.  Thanks Kite, you rock!  (And you kick butt!)

·
Rapier:

Practice has been happening – yay people!  o
The reporting system is down but our rapier
marshal, Brian, has be proactive and sending his reports in using word as an
e-mail attachment.  (SMRT that guy is!)

·
Equestrian:

They are riding as often as possible and having
additional unofficial practices.  o
Averaging 4-5 people per practice with 4 horses
and have some new people riding as well! (I think this means we need more
horses! Go get get ‘em, team!)

·
Archery:

There were 5 people at last practice and the
other one was rained out.

·
A&S:

The office
of Ministry of Arts and Sciences is still open.
We need someone to be our MoAS so please consider it! (You’ll get a
cool acronym!) The MoAS position helps us keep our tax exempt status and
you get to report to Delphina.  She’s
very sweet and will help you any way she can!o
The Gulf Wars Pity Party was fun.  Thank you to everyone who can out and enjoyed
each other’s company. J

·
Chronicler:

The Newletter for April has gone out.  If you have not received it and would like a
copy please let Brian know at loch.chronicler at gmail.com

·
Webminister:

Willa’s e-mail was having troubles but it seems
to be fixed now. If you have any questions, concerns, updates, or info you
would like on the webpage please e-mail her at willaritz at gmail.como
The Website was updated yesterday.

·
Herald:

There is a new decision making forum being used
over Skype. Submitters will be invited to join when they have submissions being
discussed.  ·
Brewers Guild:
Things have been quiet recently because our
hosts have been busy.  Hopefully they
will be meeting again next week.  Keep an
eye out for updates! ·
Armoring & Fiber Arts:
(The Great and Powerful) Krag has been working a
lot so the guild has not met recently but hopefully in May we can start up
again. o
Several of our ladies taught many classes at
Gulf Wars.  From yoga to weaving our
people shared their knowledge and skill.
(Thank you all for contributing to the future of the arts in the SCA and
for showcasing how lucky the Loch is to have such amazing artists!)

·
Calligraphy & Illumination:

We had a special 5th Monday night
this week and we will have our usual 1st and 3rd Monday
night meetings this coming month. o
We need several charters painted so please come
out and help!

·
Hospitaler: (I think Chatelaine is a cooler name
and it doesn’t sound like people are going to the hospital… yes, yes, I know…
hospitality. Still.  Chatelaine sounds
nice!)

I think we need to look into getting a Twitter
account as a way of reaching more people and communicating more effectively in
this modern medieval age. Feel free to discuss with me why this is, or is not,
a good idea!o
Have gotten several e-mails from people
expressing an interest in the SCA and William came out to populace tonight to
meet everyone!  Welcome William!!! o
Stargate has invited us to join them in being
part of a panel with them at ComicPalooza. We need to obtain more information
but I think this is a great idea!  What a
fantastic way to reach more people! Plus, free tickets!o
There are several dates for the Magna Carta Demo
that Gatesedge is running.  Let’s assist
our neighbors and show as much support as we can by volunteering to help.  I realize that April is very busy (I have
weddings and/or events every weekend) but, if you are available even for just a
few hours it would be greatly appreciated!
I am working on getting more specific information about this and will
send it to you as soon as possible. ·
Reeve:
Henessey wasn’t able to make it tonight but we
have money. (Yay!) Brian says you can’t have any… but he’s not in charge anyway
so just ignore that.  If you would like
money for one of your guilds or groups please put together a proposal and
budget and submit it for consideration!

·
Ebi is starting up her lampwork classes again so
please contact her if you are interested in bead making!

·
Middle Eastern Dance and Drumming is still on
Hiatus.

·
We have no fall event as yet so we are looking
for sites to use to bid for Laurel’s Prize Tourney.  Please let us know if you have any
suggestions!

·
Stargate & Loch CoBaronials!!!!!!

This is 3 weekends from now! o
Maggie is doing feast but could use hands to
help prep the week before and the day of.
We also need servers and another person to man a grill.  o
There will be a bread competition so bring out
your best baked goods.  DON’T buy the
artisan bread from the store for the competition!  Jo
Come out to Charter Painting on Monday to help
paint scrolls for our new champions!!!!!o
Maddog made lovely boxes and wheelbarrows for
prizes.

·
Loch
Stargate Equestrian Championships!!!!

 This is
in 5 weekends and is being held at Robin’s ranch!  There will be camping, horses, fighting,
archery, A&S, etc… o
This is our event to host and we need people to
help setup, tear down, serve at the hydration station, take gate shifts,
etc.  Sign up sheets were passed around
and we will continue to ask for help on FB and the list.  Please sign up to assist!  We cannot pull this off without you and many
hands make light work!

·
The Cael
requests that you send in award recommendations as soon as possible.  The crown has requested them no later than
two weeks before an event so they need to be put in soon!  Remember, Our Kings and Queens, and Barons
and Baronesses cannot see everything.  As
exalted as they are they do not, as yet, have the powers of omniscience so
please, help them recognize the work that your friends are doing for our barony
and our kingdom!  If you are confused
about whether someone should get an award for something, please ask and we will
assist you in finding the appropriate award. Please forward a copy of your
request to The Cael as doing so as a
CC in the award recommendation itself does not always work.  His e-mail is baron at loch.soilleir.ansteorra.org