[Loch-soilleir] October Populace Notes

Seneschal of Loch Soilleir seneschal at loch-soilleir.ansteorra.org
Wed Oct 4 08:21:30 PDT 2017

Barony of Loch Soilleir Populace Agenda (2017-10-03)

Come to Order

Nobility’s Words - Their Excellencies Krag & Hennessey (Welcoming, etc.)

Officer Reports

   -

   Exchequer (HL Maggie) - seeking deputy

We have money!  A heraldry check is getting sorted, but otherwise, we’re
all good!

   -

   Herald (Alan)

Submissions are moving through the College of Arms!

   -

   Chronicler (HL Bia)

Get newsletter submissions in by the 10th.

   -

   Hospitaler (Lord Marcus) - Open for apps

We have had a couple of contacts.  Looking at a demo for the HMNS Knights
Exhibit with Stargate.

   -

   Webminister (Lord Yuuki) - seeking deputy to take over
   -

   Marshals
   -

      Armored (Sir Oliver)

Practice on Tuesday at Centennial Park at 7.  Other pop up practices take
place as scheduling permits.  Watch the Facebook group.

   -

   Rapier (Lord Diego)

Tuesdays at Centennial Park in Pearland and Wednesdays at Walter Hall Park
in League City. Both at 7.   Come out & play!

   -

   Missile (Lord Marcus)

Issues with scheduling in September due to Harvey.  Planning on practice
this Saturday at First Christian Church in Alvin at 8:30 am.  Watch for
more details.

   -

   MoAS (Lady Margarita)
   -

      Scribal Guild (Baroness Katya) - Every 2nd Monday - watch for updates
      -

      Armoring/Smithing Guild (Master Krag) - Looking for time in October
      -

      Fiber Arts Guild (Baroness Hennessey) - Weaving 2nd & 4th Sunday
      afternoons
      -

      A&S Nights (Lord Marcus) -Harvey hiatus.  Stay tuned.
      -

      Westside Weavers (HL Bia) - Wednesdays.  Watch Facebook for details.

   -

   “Thursday” made 20 (or so) Coastal banners in 8 hours!  If you want a
   banner, you can sign up for round 2. *Unofficial -no Baronial funds used

   -

   Seneschal (Master Brian)

We still have a group!

Hospitaller is a required office, so please apply.  Also, everyone should
try to bring in new members.

Upcoming Baronial Events

   -

   Update on Fall event (Serpent’s Symposium)
   -

      November 4th 2017 at Clear Lake Presbyterian
      -

      HL Bia is steward
      -

      Bardic & A&S Champions chosen & classes of all forms.
      -

      We need a gate coordinator & gate workers.  If interested, please
      contact HL Bia
      -

   Loch Yule
   -

      Date: Sunday, December 17
      -

      Site: Santa Fe Community Building
      -

      We still need event steward.  If interested, please contact Their
      Excellencies & the Seneschal.  It’s an easy event to coordinate.  Great
      first experience!

Event Calendar

   -

   Gate’s Edge event is cancelled.
   -

   Coronation will be hosted by the Barony of Elfsea on October 14.  New
   crown installed.
   -

   Bjornsborg will host Chaos in Constantinople on October 20-22 in San
   Antonio.
   -

   Seawinds Defender is on October 27-29 in Seguin.  Come support our good
   friends!  All marshal champions, as well as A&S, bardic, & gustatory
   champions will be selected.
   -

   Our event is November 4th.  It’ll be great. Be there.
   -

   The Stronghold of Hellsgate is hosting Queen’s Champion on November 11
   in Groesbeck, Texas.  Premier rapier tourney in the Kingdom.  Usually hosts
   a White Scarf circle, possibly a Defense circle.
   -

   Bordermarch hosts War of the Rams November 17-19th in Colmesneil,
   Texas.  Big melee event with armored, rapier, combat archery, siege, as
   well as lots of A&S classes.
   -

   Stargate Yule on December 2.  Investiture of new nobility and they will
   choose bardic & A&S champions.

Nobility’s Closing Words - Their Excellencies Krag & Hennessey

   -

   Baronial Pavilion debuted at Bryn Gwlad Baronial.  It was great.
   However, people who use the Baronial hospitality are reminded to clean up
   after themselves.
   -

   Painting days for the Baronial pavilion are being rescheduled.
   -

   Welcome to all the newcomers!  4 new people in attendance!

Adjourn

Any inaccuracies are my own and you have my apologies.
--
In Service,
Brian O'hUilliam, OL, OP, WSA