[Loch-soilleir] The Passing of Lord Yamai (Jerry Trant)

Baron of Loch Soilleir baron at loch-soilleir.ansteorra.org
Tue Aug 29 16:05:59 PDT 2023

Dear Friends,

As was mentioned at Serpent's Symposium, we were just informed of the
passing of a member of our great Barony.  Lord Yamai shel Yaffa (Jerry
Trant) had been ill for quite some time and was unable to participate in
our Society for many years.  He passed in April and his widow and son
stopped by the event because they happened to the SCA signs.  We are
grateful they let us know and saddened for the loss of a wonderful man.

Yamai was a long time hospitaler for the Barony.  He was constantly
attending demos in the Greater Loch Raven's-Gate area.  He often showed off
his knife collection as a way to entice in to discuss the SCA.  He was a
giving man.  He served as he could at any event or demo he attended, he
gave of his time, he gave of his knowledge, and he gave of himself freely.

While we are saddened by the loss of this wonderful person, we are joyful
for the time we shared with him.  I believe I am a better person for having
known Lord Yamai, as he inspired me to be welcoming and to give freely of
myself.  Elena & I know KNOW the Loch is a better place for the time he
shared with us.

May his memory be a blessing.
https://www.houstonjewishfunerals.com/obituaries/Jerry-Trant/#!/Obituary

In Service,