Concerned for Namron

Michael Allred mjallred at cubsmvp.com
Sat Dec 30 22:52:01 PST 2000

On 30 Dec 2000 11:54:58 -0800 Jolene Graves <meraud at altavista.com> wrote:
>Many things have happened over the last year in this barony.  I can no longer standby silently and watch as this group is torn apart by the actions of a small group.  This barony is made up of many different people, old and new.  I see a group that is being held back by individuals who are afraid of change and losing control.  Without growth, this group will stagnate and die.
>
>In the past 2 weeks, decisions have been made that are questionable. If Namron was to sponsor Tribute:  Why were the decisions for organizing it taken out of our hands by the Northern Regional Seneschal?  Why was an inactive member of the barony chosen as our seneschal when there were other candidates who were qualified but not interviewed?  Why does the Kingdom Seneschal feel he has to protect or support these decisions?  Namron has problems that are only made bigger by these decisions.
>
>We need to make our voices heard.  Write to the regional and kingdom seneschal, as well as Their Majesties and Their Highnesses.  Tell them what you see and how you feel about it.
>

>Lady Meraud de Dun Carraig

Surprisingly enough, I tend to agree with Lady Meraud.  We are being held back and dragged down by a certain group.  And I do agree that it is imperative that the Crown and our Kingdom Senechal be aware of what transpires in this once proud Barony, as I am sure that they are given the repercussions of recent events.

I would voice a note of caution though.  Take care to look hard at who is actually doing harm and who you would have admonished.  The future of this Barony and this Region are too important to be easily cast aside for petty gains and perceived power.

In the end we must question our true goals and deeds.  Are you prepared to answer truthfully?

I certainly am...
Ivar Burlufo'tr