ANST-Announce - DFT-Guardian X

Scott Cason scason at eaze.net
Fri Apr 6 14:39:34 PDT 2001

10th Anniversary of Guardian of the Tor
  Come one come all to join the Canton of Dragonsfire Tor in
celebrating our
10th Guardian of the Tor on May 18-20, 2001.
  Come match your skill in Chivalric or Rapier combat in our Dragon
Pit. Were
you have the opportunity to compete against noble and gallant fighters
of
this fair kingdom and The Tor's past Guardians, in an endeavor to win
the title of Guardian of the Tor.
 Archers come test your skill against others that have mastered the
skill of the bow and see who will emerge from the volley of arrows to
be the newest
Archery Guardian of the Tor.
 Bards, poets, skalds performers all, hone your best pieces and
compete against wonderful talent and join in the camaraderie of the
bardic circle with it's friendship and competition and before the day
doth break discover which of you will be the newest Bard of the Tor.
 Keep your live weapons skills honed for War or even come out to learn
about live weapons at the knife, ax, and spear throw.
  Artisans come display your works with the others of skill and talent
in
this kingdom. Bring tokens to give to others who's works you enjoy in
this
Largess A & S display.
  Feast to celebrate our 10th Anniversary of the Tor is included with
your
site fee. This site is "wet" but please bring period containers.
  Sorry no pets allowed. Parking limited. Unloading and Handicapped
parking
available. If you need to make arrangements for RV hookup please
contact the owners Marilyn and Lou Holste of Camp Paradise (817)
578-3389.

Site opens 4:00 pm Friday the 18th.  Site closes 12:00 pm Sunday the
20th.
Site fee is $12 for 12-adult, $ 8.00 for children 6-12, and children
under 6
are free. Family Cap is $36.00. Make checks payable to: SCA Inc./
Canton of Dragonsfire Tor.
A parent or legal guardian must accompany minors.  They may also
attend with
a 21-year or older adult with a signed and notarized Minor Event
Waiver Form
from the parents.

Directions from I-20: Take I-20 to HWY 377 South to Granbury. Take the
downtown/business exit. Go to the second stop sign on the square, and
turn
right. Go through the next stop sign, go over the tracks and veer left
on to
HWY 4. Travel approx 3.5 miles to FM 2580 turn right. Travel approx.
4.0
miles to Camp Paradise Ct. Turn right. Look for SCA signs.
All other comments and questions can be directed to the Autocrat.
Eoghan MacCinead
    (Scotty Cason) e-mail scason at eaze.net
1230 Isla Street, Stephenville TX, 76401
    (254) 965-4840 please No calls before 3:30 pm or after 9:00 pm