ANST-Announce - History repeat itself

Bob Dewart gilli at seacove.net
Tue Apr 10 19:44:12 PDT 2001

Attention combat archers!!!

There is a move a foot to require you to have some sort of bulbous nock or
other ABD on your arrow or bolt.  If this happens every combat arrow  and
bolt in this Kingdom will have to be redone.  And many crossbows will at a
minimum have to be reworked.

I am for eye safety.  Current SCA rules allow the participant to use one of
several forms personnel eye protection.  Personnal eye protection is the
answer, not making the arrows harder to use.

I ask you to join with me and express your displeasure at this movement to
your Regional Archery Marshal, Kingdom Archery Marshal, Kingdom Earl
Marshal, Crown, the Board of Directors and Society Officers.  Consult your
Black Star for current address.

We may not be able to stop this railroad, but at least we can make it known
that _we_are_not_happy.

HL Gilbert Ost Westley