ANST-Announce - Black Star - May issue will be late

Michael Tucker michaelt at neosoft.com
Fri Apr 20 11:00:34 PDT 2001

Unto the populace of Ansteorra,
Come greetings from Michael Silverhands, your Kingdom Chronicler:

I have been slower to come up to speed with this first issue of the Black Star
than I would have liked. The time has come for me to bite the bullet and let you
all know that the May issue will, in all likelihood, be about 7-10 days late
arriving in folks' mailboxes. This is a "worst case" estimate. I will strive to
get the Black Star in your hands sooner than that, and it may yet be on time -
but that's looking doubtful.

I am profoundly sorry for letting my kingdom and my kinsmen down. Looking back,
I can see where I might have made different choices in the past 5 weeks since I
received the office, that might have resulted in the May issue getting out on
time. But I pledge to you that I made the best choices I could make at the time,
and my focus then - and now - is to move forward, correct the problems in this
office, and get the Black Star out.

In the mean time, I am bound by duty and honor to advise you of the upcoming
late issue, so that you will have time to make other arrangements if you need to
do so. The problems this time are all setup-related, and should be non-recurring.

I have discussed this matter with the Crown. If any of you wish to have words
with me about this, I am at your disposal.

Yours in service,
Michael