ANST-Announce - Ultimate Fighters' Challenge

Stephen-David Schubert rogue_heries at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 21 10:42:02 PDT 2001

I invite all of Ansteorra to attend the Canton of Glaslyn's
"Defender of the Flame" being held at Camp Burnet on May 5th.
It is a one day event. $6 adult, $3 5-12, children under 5
for free. Our challenge is a simple one, to be the lone hero
holding position on the field facing an overwhelming force.

Our rapier challenge will begin at ten am. with a doubble
elemination round.The winners of the first round will face
two attackers from the eliminated and must stay within
10'circle.In the next round the circle is reduced to 5'
circle. Next to a 2 1\2' circle. If it is still undecited
we return to the 10' circle but face 3.

The chivalric shall begin at noon with a double elimination
round.Next round, the winners will have choice of weapon while
facing two opponents wielding single handed weapon only from
the eliminated list. One more fighter will be added each round
until we have a champion.

Our combat champions will be dubbed Defenders of the Flame. We
will also be choosing champions from the attackers. Those who
demonstrate the most chivalry on the field shall be chosen by
the ladies of the canton to be the Keeper of the Flame. One
champion each from rapier and heavy.

Royal round archery competition will begin around eleven am
and carry through until hopefully, there will be enough for
a combat archery competition. A showdown on the field to see
who can shoot and dodge the fastest.

We will also have childrens' activities, and a wonderfull tavern
offering period food all day. Court will be one hour after the
end of the lists, at which time the tavern will close. Immediately
after court we invite all to stay and dance.

Site opens at 9am and closes at app. 8 or 9 pm.
Camp Burnet is located at 33301 White Chaple road in Southlakes, TX.
Site is wet with period contaners only.

Yours in service,
Herries