[Namron] Fire, Smoke, and Ice Cubes

Ulf Gunnarsson ulfie at mmcable.com
Thu Apr 25 22:38:53 PDT 2002

...then Katyana said:
> OK since the appropriate topic for the list is what women can do in a
> situation where men make them uncomfortable in an SCA context perhaps we
> should discuss this on the list.
> We have been so busy of late just trying to be a cohesive group we have
> forgotten to introduce many of our newer players to some of the standards
> we try to hold ourselves to.
> I was always told if a man approaches you at an event and you are not
> interested you say no one time.
> If he persists you say no (or something along that line) loudly. There
> are usually people aplenty around who are more than willing to help.
> Are there any other thoughts, ideas or understandings of the situation?

It is not just the women that got this "talk".  Guys were pulled aside and
reminded that no means no.  Then it was carefully pointed out that most men
on site are armed with mickle big swords, keenly looking for dragons to
slay, and just _waiting_ for a women to call for help.

I think the exact phrase was "We hope they do.  We've already drank all the
beer and now we're getting bored."

Ulf