[Namron] To Beaux

Bella sorrowsong at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 17 18:04:50 PDT 2002

Moon,

	What you said wasn't stupid, it was quite reasonable. A witch
hunt helps no one. Don't be afraid to speak your mind or think your
opinion means less if not everyone agrees with you. There are always two
or more sides to all stories and making snap judgements based on just
one is never wise.

	Guys,if someone needs protection, by all means, they should have
it. But be sure before you call in the hanging judge. Hearsay and
misunderstandings lead to nothing but misery for everyone. Making
advances on someone is not a hanging offense, if it was there would be a
lot of corpses in the SCA. If there is a real threat here, then it's a
problem. So far all I've read in the post is a phone call which may have
led to him asking her out if she hadn't made excuses and gotten off the
phone, and an apology at the car which made her feel uncomfortable. I've
faced worse than that on a standard Friday night at Beltane. And I
didn't read anywhere, unless I missed it, that she told him to go away
and leave her alone.

	And if we crucify everyone who's ever gone off the emotional
deep end in the SCA, we're gonna need a lot of crosses. If someone is
way outta line, maybe they need an intervention rather than an
@##kicking. Find out WHY they've gotten out of control and see what we
can do to help.

Bella