[Namron] Correction

Nancy Peay npeay at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 21 04:51:45 PST 2002

>[1]	Spang-hewing: an Anglo-Saxon game in which a frog is launched from the
>	end of a stick to hit a fixed mark. Found in the dictionary by, and
>	introduced to the Barony and the SCA by, HE Bjorn Magnusson Esping,
>	Baron Namron.

Just a slight correction:  the word was actually found by Anne Silas, the
tenant in the other side of Bjorn's duplex, while browsing through her copy
of the Oxford English Dictionary.  (I was there.)  However, I think it was
Bjorn who decided that if there was a word for it, it must be done, so we
have him to thank for popularizing the custom.  (And thanks also to Master
Michael, who has presided over more spang-hewings than I can count.)

Selva