[Namron] Reasoning behind short fighting times for Med Faire

Jerry Barnes griffinred at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 14 09:15:15 PST 2002

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]
Milady, having been to 19 MedFaires, I can honestly say that the small
segments of time allotted for the fighters is going to cause a lot of adverse
reactions from the fighters. Not to mention the audience. The sounds of  the
battles draw more people to the SCA compound than anything else that we do.
Granted we want to show the diversity of activities available to folks that
are interested in joining the SCA. But to schedule so little fighting on
Saturday is not going to sit well with the audience or the fighters, myself
included! As to there not being enough fighters, I have never in 19 years seen
this to be a problem! You may want to poll the local fighters, just to see how
many are likely to be at MedFaire as opposed to Elfsea. I'm sure you will find
that most will be at MedFaire. I know that I have passed on a number of
reasonably close events in favor of MedFaire over the years. Just my tuppence,
milady.