[Namron] Beltane Site Remarks

CLASS016 at aol.com CLASS016 at aol.com
Tue May 14 13:26:57 PDT 2002

Greetings!

Here's my two cents about the site:
1) great archery site
2) too many ticks -- can they spray like Rick does at Cimarron?
3) hall is much to small
4) more lights/markers needed to find pathways -- cars got stuck, people got confused, CHILDREN especially got confused/lost (helped out 3 myself -- 2 at dark getting lost leaving the bathrooms).  Even with flashlights/torches it was difficult in the dark in the areas of cabins 11, 12 and 13.
5) ah, ticks again
6) good list field site either next to archery/knife/ax/spear or where the maypole was -- but cars would be needed constantly to tote armor/equipment/pavillions/water back and forth -- that gets to be a big hill after the 5th or 6th time of walking it.
7) gosh it was fun -- gosh the water was cold!
8) ticks again

Had a good time -- didn't do traditional camping so can't comment on that -- the cabins were fine once we found matresses.

Lady Rane and the Inn did a GREAT job.

Oh yeah, ticks ... did I mention the ticks?

=0)
Bianca