[Namron] RE: Beltaine Remarks

Tadhg tadhg at ou.edu
Tue May 14 16:17:40 PDT 2002

Greetings,

Things I like:
	1) More compact site;
	2) More handicap-accessible site;
	3) Flatter site than Cimarron (once you get up the first hill);
	4) Better cost...we may be able to lower the fees...I'll let you know next
meeting;
	5) More cabin space...and they are in better repair;
	6) Indoor space for court...we had great weather so we didn't need to use
it;
	7) Fabulous weather;
	8) Great bardic;
	9) Great archery and throwing ranges;
	10) Closer to our friends in the southern part of the Kingdom...which we
have been trying 		to do for years;
	11) Immediately accessible off I-35...as opposed to wandering 30 minutes
off of it;

Things I don't like:
	1) Ticks, ticks, ticks...(oh, Bianca already mentioned them)
	2) Hall is too small for a feast larger than 75 or 80 people;
	3) No facilities for equestrian activities;

Things we can fix:
	1) We can talk to Lake Murray's park ranger...or find out what Rick sprays
for ticks;
	2) Augment the hall with a large pavillion(s)...Cimarron is too small for
my taste;
	3) Place more markers in camp...but folks get lost on sites they are not
familiar with...
		my wife and I both got lost the first couple of times at Camp Cimarron...I
still get
		turned around outside the main camp at Camp Dakani (talk about a hill).

Overall, I prefer Lake Murray to Camp Cimarron...but it won't work for the
equestrians.

Rock Creek Camp allows for equestrians...though I haven't heard back on its
availability...and its fees work out to be on par with Camp Cimarron.

The other thing to consider is Camp Cimarron's fees are about to go to $10
per weekend...that means charging adults $12 at the gate.

Regards,
Tadhg

ps. Camp 2 is not bi-level...no big hill on the way in.