[Namron] Beltane site remarks

Tausha Walker celesteeh at yahoo.com
Wed May 15 11:41:43 PDT 2002

 Hi everyone!
Well ... O.k. I liked this site. It really wasn't much more of a drive from here to there than it is from here to Camp Cimarron. There was much more cabin space available and the tower we had bardic at was perfect. It was also a lot more accessible than Cimarron. The hill? It's a lot smaller than the hill at Cimarron. It's a beautiful site. However,  I agree about the hall being waaaay too small. So I guess summer events it would have to be. There is no way we could pull off Protectorate at this site ... unless there were no feast and courts.
Just like everyone else, I can't stand the ticks! However, I was talking to Magdalea about the event on Monday evening and I mentioned the tick problem. Her suggestion was to buy sulfur dust and put it down a week before the event. That's so the smell would be gone by the time the event opened. We could do that after whoever has the site the weekend before us has cleared out. She said they had to do that for some sites in Elfsea and that the Sulfur dust was so inexpensive that members of their group would go out and buy bags to donate. $6.00 for a 25lb bag. Even I could afford that. Especially if it means I don't have the heebie-jeebies for a week after the event. Uvvvvv.
So, I guess that's my two cents. :-)  I like the site.
Celeste

As the bird learned to fly free, so shall we. Also as the fleur-de lis is three parts of a whole, so are we....Mind, Body, and most of all....Spirit.

Lady Celeste Courtenay de Montmorency
per bend wavy purpure and vert. A bend wavy between a bustard rising and a fleur-de-lys or.