[Namron] Steppes Warlord scoop

Annais de Montgomerie maleahladywait at yahoo.com
Tue May 28 10:21:21 PDT 2002

Oh MY Good Googly Moogly!

If you did not go to Steppes, you missed a rockin'
good time!!!!!

Namron was there en masse and let the world know it.

Lessee...Lord Magnus squired to HE William the Bear in
morning court.  It was very moving.. I got all
vaklempt and dissheveled...

Our very own Baron Ulf made it to the finals of the
Archery competion.  But he turned all P.E.T.A. on us
and missed the moving deer target.  I think he figured
he was being overfed by Owen anyway and we didn't need
the venison.  :)  What a nice guy! But we could have
made jerky from it.

Speaking of food.  Oh my!  There was enough to feed an
army. Owen and Pookie and Pink cooked and cooked and
cooked.  And of course we all ate and ate and ate.
(Didn't want to be rude, ya know, and I was HUNGRY!!!)
 :)  Thanks guys for all the work you did and for
bringing massive quantities for all of us to eat.  I
know we all chipped in for it, but you guys did the
lion's share and I really appreciate it.  BIG HUGS!
And if anyone else helped out and I missed it, BIG
HUGS to you too!

And we sat under the new pavillion that Meraud and
company made.  And it was FANTABULOUS!  We really
needed the shade by the list field.  Thanks to Magnus
and the guys for hauling down and back and everyone
for setting it up and pulling it down.

Well, I'll tell you what. It was MUGGY and very warm.
The Steppes opened the hall for us and we had lots of
stuff going on in there.  The A&S competion was there
and there were some VERY wonderful items supported by
some good documentation.  WOW!

So I sat and painted some charters for a bit, and
wouldn't you know it!...I ended up suffering from cold
exposure and cold stroke.  Sigh.  It was just AWFUL!!

BTW, the new charters are out and I picked up a few
for those of you who are interested in painting them.
Get with me and I'll get them out to you or you can
come over and paint this Sunday around 2pm til
whenever.

And HL Eleanor O'Rourke won the Steppes Bardic
Competition.  She so ROCKS!  And she came away with
some serious loot, er, largess.  A cloak, lots of
alcohol, plates and baskets just filled with stuff (I
didn't get a chance to pilfer though it all).  But the
competition was stiff as usual.  The quality of the
bardic performed was exceptional.  And I got a Bardic
License from the Premier Bard of Ansteorra. whoo hoo!

But I think the highlight of Sunday day was when the
new Bordermarch throne was presented to His Excellency
Bordermarch, Armand.  What a beautiful piece of
artwork and functionality it was!  Tears welled up in
my eyes when I beheld it.  I wonder if he will use it
at a future date.

The highlight of the weekend was the revelling on
Sunday night.  If you thought the days of your youth
were wild and untamed, think again!  We partied til we
passed out, er I mean, fainted from exhaustion. Yeah,
Yeah, that's the ticket. It was just a blast.  Bear
introduced us all to something that brought the fun to
a whole new level.  Ah these are the good ol' days!

So, what did you do this weekend?  Now that you've
listened to me rattle on and on?  I'd like to hear
your stories.  So, don't be shy.. Let us know what
your event was like.

Hugs!

Annais