[Namron] Steppes Warlord scoop

Lee McGoodwin etienett at yahoo.com
Tue May 28 14:48:01 PDT 2002

Annais and friends,
   Annais asked....
> So, what did you do this weekend?  Now that you've
> listened to me rattle on and on?  I'd like to hear
> your stories.  So, don't be shy.. Let us know what
> your event was like.

    I am so jealous of everyone who went.  I had to
f*****g work Sat. and Sun.  I just knew it was going
to be one of those really great events and, of course,
I couldn't go :(  I knew Lord Magnus was going to be
squired and esp. didn't want to miss that.
(#$@%!*&@#%@^*$&)  Everyone who has pics, please,
bring them to the next Pop meeting.  (Bring the negs.
too, so I can make copies)
    I wait eagerly to hear everyones' tales of the
event in general and Magnus's squiring in particular.
    Annais, what is it?

> Bear introduced us all to something that brought
> the fun to a whole new level.  Ah these are the good
> ol' days!

Waiting to hear,
Lady Etienett

--- Annais de Montgomerie <maleahladywait at yahoo.com>
wrote:
> Oh MY Good Googly Moogly!
>
> If you did not go to Steppes, you missed a rockin'
> good time!!!!!
>
> Namron was there en masse and let the world know it.
>
> Lessee...Lord Magnus squired to HE William the Bear
> in morning court.  It was very moving.. I got all
> vaklempt and dissheveled...
>
> Our very own Baron Ulf made it to the finals of the
> Archery competion.  But he turned all P.E.T.A. on us
> and missed the moving deer target.  I think he
> figured
> he was being overfed by Owen anyway and we didn't
> need
> the venison.  :)  What a nice guy! But we could have
> made jerky from it.
>
> Speaking of food.  Oh my!  There was enough to feed
> an
> army. Owen and Pookie and Pink cooked and cooked and
> cooked.  And of course we all ate and ate and ate.
> (Didn't want to be rude, ya know, and I was
> HUNGRY!!!)
>  :)  Thanks guys for all the work you did and for
> bringing massive quantities for all of us to eat.  I
> know we all chipped in for it, but you guys did the
> lion's share and I really appreciate it.  BIG HUGS!
> And if anyone else helped out and I missed it, BIG
> HUGS to you too!
>
> And we sat under the new pavillion that Meraud and
> company made.  And it was FANTABULOUS!  We really
> needed the shade by the list field.  Thanks to
> Magnus
> and the guys for hauling down and back and everyone
> for setting it up and pulling it down.
>
> Well, I'll tell you what. It was MUGGY and very
> warm.
> The Steppes opened the hall for us and we had lots
> of stuff going on in there.  The A&S competion was
> there
> and there were some VERY wonderful items supported
> by some good documentation.  WOW!
>
> So I sat and painted some charters for a bit, and
> wouldn't you know it!...I ended up suffering from
> cold exposure and cold stroke.  Sigh.  It was just
> AWFUL!!
>
> BTW, the new charters are out and I picked up a few
> for those of you who are interested in painting
> them.
> Get with me and I'll get them out to you or you can
> come over and paint this Sunday around 2pm til
> whenever.
>
> And HL Eleanor O'Rourke won the Steppes Bardic
> Competition.  She so ROCKS!  And she came away with
> some serious loot, er, largess.  A cloak, lots of
> alcohol, plates and baskets just filled with stuff
> (I didn't get a chance to pilfer though it all).
But
> the competition was stiff as usual.  The quality of
the bardic performed was exceptional.  And I got a
> Bardic License from the Premier Bard of Ansteorra.
whoo hoo!

> But I think the highlight of Sunday day was when the
> new Bordermarch throne was presented to His
> Excellency Bordermarch, Armand.  What a beautiful
piece of
> artwork and functionality it was!  Tears welled up
> in
> my eyes when I beheld it.  I wonder if he will use
> it at a future date.
>
> The highlight of the weekend was the revelling on
> Sunday night.  If you thought the days of your youth
> were wild and untamed, think again!  We partied til
> we passed out, er I mean, fainted from exhaustion.
> Yeah,
> Yeah, that's the ticket. It was just a blast.  Bear
> introduced us all to something that brought the fun
> a whole new level.  Ah these are the good ol' days!
>
> So, what did you do this weekend?  Now that you've
> listened to me rattle on and on?  I'd like to hear
> your stories.  So, don't be shy.. Let us know what
> your event was like.
>
> Hugs!
>
> Annais

=====
No light shines on the mind protected
No light shines on the fangs neglected
Run with the wolfpack.      (song lyrics)

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/seanetcafe