[Namron] RE: Beltaine Remarks

Jerry Barnes griffinred at hotmail.com
Wed May 15 15:26:11 PDT 2002

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]

I'll second my House-Brother's remarks! I liked the compactness of the site.
No never-ending tramps to get where you're going. The terrain was a little
rough in many places. But  eroded, rocky soil tends to do that... Nothing that
a little work wouldn't fix.

The cabins were great! The many screened windows were a nice change from the
normal stuffy cabins of most event sites in the North. And they even had complimentary
brooms to clear out the dust and cobwebs!

The ticks were bad, but that is going to be a problem everywhere this summer.
And with some basic pre-event application of sulfur dust I think this will be
much less problematic in the future.

The hall is a bit small, but that can be worked around. All in all I think it
is a great site that will draw more folks from the South, and not be all that
much further for those in the North. Definitely a worthwhile discovery! I look
forward to future events being held there.

Donecan MacDubhgall, Patriarch of House Lightning Mist.