[Namron] RE: Beltaine Remarks

John Cole aethelstan at mmcable.com
Wed May 15 17:24:00 PDT 2002

Hi,

I didn't get to wander all that much this weekend, but overall I really like
this site.

I think that the main reason was the fact that for the first time in several
years, I have been able to breath like a normal human because of the lack of
a quadrabazillion cedar and pine trees.

I must have been one of the only folks who didn't get any ticks and very few
insect bites. Then again I really didn't go anywhere near the woodline. OR I
may have found one really good side benifit of drinking Irish Whiskey :)

For our friends who live to the north of us, I am sorry that it was an
inconvienance to have a longer drive. I, however, didn't really see that
much difference in the drive from norman, and I have to say that I prefered
driving through the arbuckles than through OKC metro. I wonder how many
folks remember Lake Taylor? It was a lot more primative than this site, and
just about as far away. We in the northern region used the holy livin' liver
out of that site. We had feasts, courts, tourneys, games, revels, and a
lake. We also had protable toilets and had to bring in most of our water and
there were no such thing as cabins. This "primitive" site is also where I
have had many of my best sca memories...like Gwyneth being rowed across the
lake after her step down as Baroness of Namron. Camp Cimmaron is a wonderful
facility, and we as a region have been blessed to be able to use it. We have
also been spoiled by the use of it.

I, for one, hope that we will continue to use the Murray site in the future.
I have a feeling that "bardic at the rock" will become one of those
legendary places that folks travel to just to experience the magic of an
evening in the society.

Aethelstan