[Namron] Elderflower Hocke

Kevin Mc Lean mcleank at brampton.cqu.edu.au
Mon Sep 16 16:37:55 PDT 2002

Hi Annais,
		I saw you had one of my posts up (which is great by the way and very
flattering). On the subject of Elderflower Hock, I must say that I humanely
made some the other day (in a very similar, but more period method to that
posted) and that the result after about four months of aging was a pleasant
table wine with a taste inbetween a rose and a brut. It had a nice
pinkish/amber colour and was around 10% from memory.  My  sister in law
(who's a  wine buff of sorts) can't get enough of the damn thing and wants
36 bottles for Christmas (shame it takes three months to ferment and three
to age). Oh, feel free to post these comments or my email address should
anyone wish to contact me for further details.

Yours in Service,

Pieter Van Wynken.

P.S. I am currently working on a post detailing the Renaissance method of
making Elderflower Hock. It's quite amusing as well...