[Namron] Help Ranger Rick

mikea mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Fri Sep 6 17:48:20 PDT 2002

On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 07:29:44PM -0500, Grimmie wrote:
> --
> For those that do not get the northern list. As Sir Burke said on the Northern list:
>
> I know that many of you like Ranger Rick, but this is NOT an SCA matter.
> If you want to call and express your personal opinions to the local Campfire
> Office that is all fine and well.  But Please, DO NOT mention the SCA in
> your call.  We, as the SCA, DO NOT have an opinion on this.
>
> So be careful what and how you say it to the campfire you are representing
> only your opinion. Not the SCA or any Local Group.

[snip list of national Campfire, local Campfire, Oklahoma
                                                    Campfire groups]

People, this is clearly inappropriate. The only Campfire group
any of us has any business registering an opinion with is the
local one. And I venture to suggest that that should be done
_very_ _most_ carefully, if it is to be done at all. Those who do
even that will be treading on thin ice.

I speak as someone with with more than 20 years of management
experience. I did this for a living before some of you were
born. I know what I'm talking about.

This is _not_ an SCA matter. Any opinion expressed on Rick's
termination by Campfire is an intrusion into internal Campfire
business. We don't know, and it is unlikely that we will learn,
what this is all about, and _it_ _is_ _not_ _our_ _business_.

And as such, it doesn't belong on this list.

--
Mike Andrews	/	Michael Fenwick 	Namron, Ansteorra
mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Tired old music Laurel since 1987