[Namron] SCA and Tecumseh

Bella sorrowsong at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 15 07:52:49 PDT 2003

Gonna have to agree with Lyric and pretty much everyone else. The more control these people are given, the more they are gonna take. Having lived in Pink and done alot of shopping in Tecumseh and Shawnee I don't have a problem imagining it happening.

I realize that you have to live there, but if it's that bad, is it really living? Just a thought.

Bella

lyric ui ruairc <lyric_ui_ruairc at yahoo.com> wrote:

what ever happened to people's rights.....

Dont let them push you around Duncan. The advice
given by everyone one this forum is valid. You have a
right to everything you mentioned. It is your
property - not your neighbors. (this is no different
from some one taking offense to a pink plastic
flamingo, or christmas decorations)

How silly for ignorant, uneducated people to want to
harass you. Personally - I think it would be a very
good idea to inform the local "officials" about what
the SCA is so that they wont bother you about it,
allthough I find the fact that you may HAVE to
horribly distastefull. What gets me...is that other
people have the nerve to complain to the police about
your lawn decorations, or the fact that you use YOUR
property to do what YOU want. Welcome to the USSA...

Good Luck Duncan - I hope the politicly correct
thought police are put in thier place and leave you
the hell alone.

lyric

--- Duncan MacNamara
wrote:
> Well, It has to do with the local police and the
> Sherrif's Department. I had
> set up my yurt to let it air out, and some of my
> lawn decorations had a
> medieval theme, and the neighbors complained because
> it is different than
> what they are used to seeing. The major complaints
> were about the banners
> and stuff on my yurt. I am now being watched closely
> by the local police,
> and SCA activities are not welcome here. Since the
> Sherrif's department is
> located in shawnee, it is only a matter of time
> before it catches up with
> them. On top of it all, a comment was made about my
> sword-shaped driveway
> markers. I was informed that even OWNING a blade
> more than 6 inches in
> length can get you arrested... therefore, I must
> placate the police, or risk
> a search of my house or possibkle arrest. Also, I
> have been labled as a
> "Nazi Racist Skinhead" because of my coat of arms
> banner that was on my
> yurt. ( A Black Maltese Cross on a white background
> with a purple border)
> I was told that any more complaints and they would
> have to search my house.
> This comes from my humor no trespassing sign, which
> reads " All Tresspassers
> will be caged and sold as slaves". Therefore, if
> they have any more
> complaints, they have to search my house and make
> sure that I am not running
> an underground slave ring, selling black people to
> other Nazi's. Which I am
> not, and have never been, a Racist.
> So, I will not have anything to do with an activity
> that is going to get me
> or any of my family arrested. I think it's a miracle
> that the police haven't
> already broken the group up. I am sorry if this
> hurts anyone's feelings, but
> that's the way it is. I still plan on playing in the
> SCA, but VERY
> carefully, and probably in mundanes most of the
> time.
>
> Josh McNamara
> (Duncan MacNamara)

=====
...all work and no play makes stacey a dull girl....