[Namron] Pls Help!

mikea mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Wed Mar 5 06:00:49 PST 2003

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 01:24:06AM -0500, The Furious Angel wrote:
> [ Converted text/html to text/plain ]
> ACK! Spammed again... at least they could toss crackers at us to go with said
> spam!
> Who's the list manager for namron? Just a tip whoever it is, set the list to
> reject emails from non-members (of course, it's not hard for them to sign up
> and then spam, but it makes an extra step that will stop most spammers).

Or I could set up a firewall-plus-mail-scanner in front of the
listserver, as I've done here at home. Catches *all* the "419"
spams and a bunch of other stuff, too.

But if you think *this* is bad, think about us poor folks on the
SCA-questions list -- the one fed by the webform at www.sca.org.

--
Mike Andrews	/	Michael Fenwick 	Barony of Namron, Ansteorra
mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Tired old music Laurel since 1987