[Namron] OU question

Susan O'Neal catmafia at swbell.net
Tue May 13 13:23:12 PDT 2003

At 06:41 AM 5/13/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>Susan -- went there for my Jr/Sr years and part of
>grad school --- TONS of WALKING!!!
>But that is pretty typical of any campus.
>
>Sjon

Thanks Sjon and Barat,

That is what I was thinking, it seems bigger than any of the three campuses
I went to.  We are going to really have to work on her in the two years we
have, to either get it where she can walk the distance or be ok with a
skooter.  She has tight achilles and has always walked on her toes.  She
had surgery last year to rebuild the ligaments on top of one foot, they
were completly stripped out from multiple sprains.  We have homeschooled
primarily and the schools she has gone to have been tiny (300 students or
less) and last fall she was in Tahlequah with my mom and did another round
of therapy to try to survive the walks-her classes had her going .2 mile or
so between each class and it was killing her.  Just a couple of months ago
we got her a pair of Earth shoes and she is walking heal toe for the first
time in her life, her ortho was thrilled with her gait.  But in running
around at Crown she ended up with stress fractures, and I know that college
will entail much more running around than that day had.  I have never dealt
with stress fractures before, so not sure if they are something you can
work your way around very well or not.  Just know that they hurt worse than
her surgery did and my anti-drug kid has been taking her meds by the clock.

Thanks for all the comments guys,

Susan