[Namron] Bard-a-long III

muriel at entelesoft.com muriel at entelesoft.com
Tue Apr 13 21:03:58 PDT 2004

Well,  that was fun.  Not quite as productive as the last two, but fun
anyway.  We seem to have reached a learning plateau.  Sooo, I'm making a
request 2 weeks in advance for the next bard-a-long night:

        I would like to start scheduling  Guest Bards.  It would work like
this - if you are a bard, and you know ANY SCA- or period-related songs that
might be fun for a group to sing around a campfire, you can pick one
Bard-a-long night when you are available and tell me you would like to come
teach.  Let me know what songs you want to teach.  Then, that night will be
reserved for us to learn from you.  Bard-a-long nights are 2nd and 4th
Tuesdays from 7:00pm to 10:00pm.  If you cannot make those nights but would
really like to come, we can schedule an emergency session :).

The songs we know so far are:

Gypsy Rover
MacIntyre (Old Dun Cow)
Circles
Drunken Circles
The Rising of the Star
Bonny, Bonny Banks of the Virgio
Rose

Surely, you bards out there know more songs than this.  We need people who
both have the lyrics and can teach the melody.  This combination is rare.

I'm begging.  I'm pleading.  PLEASE TEACH US.  If you teach us well enough
so we can teach someone else, we'll be happy.  I've heard of lots of songs
like Cold Beer, Donald Where's Your Trousers (which we're starting to learn)
and others that we can find lyrics to but no one who knows the melody well
enough to teach them.  Even learning Whiskey in the Jar and Jug of Punch
would be good as I don't like the way they're sung on CDs I have.

I know that though there are many wonderful bards out there <coughUlfcough>
that don't have much time, but we'll take any scrap of time that you can
give us.

Please, please, please, think about a time when you might be available and
let me know - muriel at entelesoft.com, 701-8137.  Date and time are negotiable
if necessary.

All you Bard-a-long attendees:  this would be a good time to pester any
bards you know personally.

Please.

Please.