[Namron] Excessive replies

Matthias the Brewer matthiasthebrewer at cox.net
Mon Apr 26 16:12:22 PDT 2004

Yeah.  What Donnchadh said.
  -----Original Message-----
  From: namron-bounces at ansteorra.org [mailto:namron-bounces at ansteorra.org]On
Behalf Of Donnchadh
  Sent: Monday, April 26, 2004 11:15 AM
  To: Grimmie; Barony of Namron
  Subject: Re: [Namron] Excessive replies

  I have to agree with Grimmie here.

  So long as the new message is at the top, then it doesn't cause any extra
work for the reader.  If you don't need the rest of the conversation, just
ignore what is below the sig.  On the other hand, it makes it very
convienent for some readers to have the full thread of the conversation.  I
also feel that it is much easier to take things out of context when
selecting little snipets to quote.  If people are putting their comments at
the bottom of the thread, or their sig is at the bottom of the thread where
you have to scroll through the entire thing just to make sure you've read
everything, then I can understand the frustration.  But in that case, I feel
that the solution is to put anything new (including the sig) at the top of
the message, not deleting the rest of the conversation.

  And yes, I realize that I am doing right now exactly what Ulf is talking
about.  I'm not doing it out of spite, lazyness, or because I haven't given
it any thought.  I'm doing it this way because a really think this is the
proper way to do things.

  Respectfully,
  Donnchadh Beag mac Griogair
  Barony of Namron
  Honorable Brotherhood of Brewers, Mazers, and Vintners