[Namron] negative comments

bobby harlow ironstorm34 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 11 00:29:02 PST 2004

<looks around> yes,this is still the United States of America.<scratches
head>..........
        Free Speech includes everything you wish to say as long as it breaks
no laws,for example,you can't say you're going to shoot the president,or
shout FIRE!!! in a crowded theatre.
         To express one's opinion in any legal manner and any legal forum is
protected by our constitution.Be offended,agree with what is said,form no
opinion on what is said.All are your rights.By all means speak your
mind..............
         HOWEVER, be prepared for any and all comments in return,whether
they be in retribution,dispute,or agreement.you should even be prepared for
outright attacks on your comments,as this is the other people's right.I
would ask one favor of everyone,and that is very small in the grand scheme
of everything in the world.
        Consider the other person's/people's feelings before saying
something harmful.Ask yourself,"How would i feel if someone said that to
me?".I know sometimes this is hard to do when our ire is up and our own
feelings are a bit hurt,but it isn't impossible.Simple things are rarely
easy,just simple.After having been a politician for the last 18 months or
so,I would love to jump in someone's ass up to my ears and vent.However,i
always have to consider the other person's ideas,thoughts,and feelings.When
i was in the military,I had no compunctions about climbing in said assesup
to my neck and stomping around in my jump boots.My life and often the men's
lives I was jumping in depended  on that.This is a game.
          A game we all get on our soap boxes and tout as a way of life.And
in some ways it is.But in others it is not.It is up to each of us to decide
what is a game and what is real life.When this GAME ceases to be fun,and
from the looks of things for some of us it has,then it's time to step
back,take a break,or maybe even consider an entire change of ones views and
ways.One should also try to read the intent as well as the content.Sometimes
we type things that read as we intended them to ourselves,but look
positively horrifying to someone else.I,for one,am guilty of typing things
that just don't come out as i intended them to sound,and they look like
attacks.Try reading what you type and see if REALLY says and sounds as you
meant it.
          As for Skarrgard and Namron...hmm.It seems to me like we are
muddling through pretty ok.Namron has been established for over 20 years and
is still growing stronger by the year.Skarrgard,on the other hand is quite
impressive.How many incipient cantons in the history of Ansteorra have or
have had 40 active members with the total number of members somewhere in
high 50's or low 60's?and how many of you were there at Namron Protectorate
when we "sucked up"(not my words) to the King?do you remember the astonished
look on his face?His words?And,as with all new groups,and even established
groups,there will be a certain amount of disagreement and in-fighting.This
is a very normal thing with all groups of people in life.
              And with that,my rambling is over.
                         Lord Halldor the Mad Jester
           (acting)Seneschal of the Incipient Canton of Skarrgard