[Namron] introduction

Duncan MacNamara duncan_macnamara at charter.net
Sat Dec 11 21:56:49 PST 2004

I may as well hop on the bandwagon...

Greetings all.

  I am Lord Duncan MacNamara, a Late 16th-Century Ship's Captain. I am Scotts-Irish, born in the year 1573 in Bunratty, Ireland. I have two brothers, Patrick and Thomas. Cast out of our Family's lands in 1589, My youngest brother Thomas and I fled by ship and became Mercenaries. In 1595, I "rescued" an English Noblewoman named Gabrielle and ended up marrying her. We have since had two children... In the year 1590, I "borrowed" my first ship, the Mary Anne. I re-named her the Iron Lotus, Gathered a crew, and haven't looked back since.

I have many interests within the SCA. I *try* sing at the Bardic Fires from time to time, and I used to be  a Chivalric Fighter... I was the 6th Champion of the Black Company. I also dabble in Rapier Combat. I like to drum for the Middle-Eastern dancers, as well as work in Illumination, Woodwork, Heraldry, Leathercraft, Embroidery, and I also make Perfume balms and Muscle balms.

Lord Duncan MacNamara
6th Champion of the Black Company
Captain of the Iron Lotus