[Namron] My report from Winterkingdom

Isobel de Kirkbryde kirkbryde at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 12 16:11:14 PST 2004

Winterkingdom was a true delight with lots of fun.  I
took the First Aid/CPR class as my cards had expired
many years ago.  I wanted to convince myself that in
an emergency, I was still capable of doing what I
needed to do.  I am and I can.

The class was terrific, but my how things have changed
in 15 years.  The "treatments" are based on what
evidence shows works now and not just someone's bright
idea.  And, I got the marvelous experience of learning
how to administer an oxygen mask and use an automatic
defibrillator.  They didn't have those 15 years ago
when I was last Red Cross Certified in First Aid and
CPR.

We had a humorous comedy of errors.  (Okay, I thought
they were humorous anyway).  We managed to leave home
w/o the feast basket and did not realize it until 5
minutes before time for court.  Then, Mike managed to
misplace his keys in the Frat house where the class
was held.  (We won't talk about housekeeping practices
of single college age males.)

All's well that ends well, though.  We used an
emergency blanket from the car as a table cloth.  Mike
was able to borrow feast gear for 2.  After the feast,
we went back to the hotel where the trainers for the
class were staying and finished the class.  Then, back
to the Frat house, where luckily the keys were found.

Oh, did I mention that I had fun!?!  I learned a lot,
talked with people, and had the marvelous experience
of having the kindness of the people of the Barony of
Northkeep and the Shire of Mooneschadowe heaped upon
us when we had to cope without our own gear.  Maybe it
was all those little errors and finding ways to cope
within the Kingdom that helped to make it fun, too,
even though I wouldn't want to repeat the performance.

All of you who missed Winterkingdom, missed a lot of
fun, learning, and yes "socalizin'."

=====
Isobel de Kirkbryde married to a Laurel (Michael Fenwick of Fotheringhay)

Mundanes:  Mike and Melody Andrews