[Namron] class offering

liz wilkerson thevintagefloozy at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 23 10:21:11 PST 2004

(Deenie my dear, please contact me asap off list.)

As it looks like I am never going to get out of the store for more than a day at a time unless violently ill as I am now, I'm going to offer two classes at the store this spring. I'd love to make an event and offer them, but I cant even get my membership renewed much less make an event :|  grumble grumble grumble.

 I'm going to offer one on "basic" garb making, which -can- be newcomer oriented if thats who signs up,  the other one beginning embroidery, early period emphasis.  No cost other than materials. In both cases, I'll show you what you can get locally and give you a list of resources online to get the goodies I cant (yet!) in the store.

What is " basic" garb?  Comfortable, sturdy, washable, reasonably " period"  ( regardless of period) and flattering to the wearer ( male or female). Need a visual for "basic"? Find Jolgeirr the Troll and ask him about his mudpie tunic. Thats basic.

 What is beginning embroidery? Starting with what needles and threads you can use to basic construction/embellishment stitches, including viking era interlace. Nothing counted. Good goddess no nothing counted.

Classes likely in the begining of February. Classes tentatively on Monday nights.  Minimum sign up of 5 by January 15th. Please rsvp to my email address off list.

.  I am also open to hosting a "stichnbitch" at the store on Monday nights. We've got a room with a few machines, plenty of outlets and an iron. I could even be talked into having a running class every monday night. Thats up to the response I get :)

I'm also open to letting sca teachers use our classroom for teaching classes of their own, so long as it has something to do with sewing. Dont think my DM would be overly thrilled to see a class listing for brewing. Just a hunch! Know how to knit, crochet, tat, do blackwork? Come share it! Dont be suprised if the mundanes show up and get interested in what the SCA is about.

Feel free to cross post if you like. I'm offering to anyone who would like to come. No one group is invited or excluded.  Oh yes, just in case not everyone knows where I'm talking about  ( duh!) : this is the Hancocks at south 240 and Penn.

 I'm no "authority"  ( authority gives me hives) but I can help folks get started or help the more experienced kick it up a notch or two. Obviously I'm no expert, but I can get folks going enough to get themselves into trouble! Thats just what the Beaux does :)

Merry Christmas and a Blessed Yule to everyone!

Isabeaux de Narbonne

"la Beaux"