[Namron] Isobel is-a-bell-y dancer....(sorry it's from a song lyric...)

Samarrah bint Annaan samarrah_bint_annaan at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 21 12:13:40 PDT 2004

Isobel,

Thanks for your input.  I think you've probably
expressed some of what a lot of us Newbies have felt
at one time or another.

Obviously, while a newbie, I'm only marginally shy, so
I tend to just jump on in to test the waters.  I don't
think I'm necessarily part of any "Group" yet, nor am
I in league with any guilds at this time.  However,
there have been a number of WONDERFUL scadians who've
stepped in to guide me along my way.

Ettienette was the first person to answer my call when
I needed help with a high school prom and has been a
great helper and mentor.  Muriel is always there with
a laugh, a song and a smile.  Tadhg and Meroude and
thier lovely bairnes are always friendly, helpful and
entertaining ('specially Marsha!).  Callech and his
family have been wonderful hosts, and Willy impressed
me with his pyrotechnic skills...though I still need
to find a free weekend for a bonfire-off! (?)

My first event was to help at Med-fair where Her
Excellency invited me to assist as a lady-in-waiting.
Talk about a brave soul!  I had NO idea what to do,
but wasn't afraid to ask dumb questions, and she
wasn't afraid to answer them, or just plain tell me
what needed to be done.  Annabelle was good to assign
me tasks in the hospitality tent to keep me busy
...which I like to be.  And we had a wonderful day!
Even Grainne (I KNOW I'm spelling it wrong..so sorry
love) was kind enough to coax my stubborn 16 year old
son into a great kilt (although, I'm sure the lass
could charm any young male into or out of whatever she
chose...lol).

Since then I've met so many Namronians (?) with so
many different skills, talents and ideas that I wish I
had the time to study them all!  Anya's and Gwynneth's
sewing skills, Muriels bardalongs that i can never fit
into my schedule but am dying to attend...Maleah's
belly dancing...Barat, Matthias, Haldor, and Pooky's
shenanigans....Scroll painting...courtly
dance...fighter practice....WHERE OH WHERE"S A GIRL TO
START?????

Anyhow...There's been a lot of crankiness bandied
about and I just wanted to chip in and also remind
folks that  they are special and appreciated.  And If
I didn't get someone's name in there...(sorry
Ulfie...you are very special too!!!!)  it's not for
lack of affection and appreciation, Truely....

Now...let's all have fun and get back to silliness,
revelry, and creativism!!!!

HUZZAH!

=====
Samarrah bint Annaan, Princess of Pie Procurement

God be with you in every pass. Jesus be with you on every hill. Spirit be with you in every stream, headland, ridge and law, each sea and land, each moor and meadow, lying down and rising up, in the trough of the waves or on the crest of the billow. Each step of the journey you go, go with God.