[Namron] The Incident at Protectorate

Matthias the Brewer matthiasthebrewer at cox.net
Wed Oct 13 03:37:44 PDT 2004

Duncan,

In my opinion, it doesn't matter that there was a child present.  Because
there was a PERSON present.

There was also the issue of a sick horse (all I heard was the possibility of
a twisted gut and surgery), who are very sensitive to sound.  The sound
could have caused the horse to start, making matters worse.

I'm not taking advantage of the situation to beat up on you Duncan, but I
think it was a colossal mistake to fire it.  I have no respect for your
safety procedures, because people don't just "appear".  They walk.

However, I agree with you.  You should have been removed from site.  I think
the Seneschal was remarkably generous in this case.

I also think, that it is time to let this matter drop.  The Seneschal has
dealt with it (at that time).  And while I think your hobby is amusing and
could be a lot of fun, I don't think it is appropriate at SCA events.  Just
my opinion.  Too many safety issues.

Matthias the Strongly Opinionated Brewer