[Namron] Re: The Black Death

Zach Greggs chrisfroste at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 21 10:43:34 PDT 2004

Matthias, I think thats a good idea actually.  Although in your case I would expect you to want to mentor all the pretty young ladies.....

Id be willing to help out with this as well

Frosty

matthiasthebrewer at cox.net wrote:
Isobel,

You bring a great point up. Newbies are often left to find their own way. I joined because a friend of mine was involved, and held my hand for a few months until I found a "group" to play with.

Many of you won't beleive this, but I am very shy and quiet in new situations. Unless my smartass side can't restrain itself any more.

But a formal mentoring program (or semi-professinal hand holders in my case) would ease things. Very few people are able to just step forward and jump into things when they don't know anyone.

I think establishment of a group/circle of mentors would be a wonderful idea. Given the varied activities, I don't think it would be best to assign a single mentor to a new player. But a varied group would allow the new player to meet different mentors, and participate with different people/groups.

While I don't have the time to organize a group like this, I'd be delighted to help new players as a "guide" through the events I go to.

Matthias

http://mail.yahoo.com