[Namron] Re: The Black Death

Jennifer dagmarandowen at cox.net
Tue Oct 19 13:31:05 PDT 2004

Well, I was already feeling guilty for being so bitchy in my post in
response to Lady Isobo's thoughtful message about making new comerers
welcome to our society.  It is an area of concern, and I do believe we
should all address it.  I do believe that the hospitaler should be more
active in this matter, and I popped off about that instead of making
constructive comments.  I apologise and offer a suggestion, because I wish
to be paart of the solution, not the problem.

Perhaps we could devote one of the Populace meetings to a new comers night
occaisionally.  We could all dress up and bring our goodies to show off.
Maybe the Herald could take some extra time to explain the duty of each
officer as they are called to give reports.  This would allow us to have an
activity geared to new comers that we can all invite people to attend that
we want to give a taste of the SCA too.  It will also let us show off for
each other.

Dagmar

Jennifer Jackson
Discovery Toys, learning through play.