[Namron] Re: The Black Death

Jennifer dagmarandowen at cox.net
Tue Oct 19 15:10:12 PDT 2004

I was actually thinking that both ideas would be good.  I do think it is a
good idea to have something official to invite new people to that is free,
and does not require garb.  It can give people a taste of the SCA without
the investment of an entire weekend with the complications of garb.

I In addition to being a hospitaler in the SCA, I have also been the
Membership chair of a small church.  As the membership chair I did a lot of
research about growing small group membership.  In my first year in that
job, we increased church membership by about 30%.  I do not have numbers for
the second year as I had a baby and moved to Norman.  Anyway, the point is
that I do have some experience, and have researched this subject before.

Dagmar