[Namron] Hunter S. Thompson

sandra goodrich tgnst at swbell.net
Tue Feb 22 14:07:45 PST 2005

Bjorn gave me the keeping of the 'relics' some time befor He passed over... I have various scribed documents, including Selva's treatise on the Saints' legend and the reliquary that contained a human finger bone that was replaced later, when a cat ate it, with a cat's tail bone...:-)
There are pieces of the shirt said to be the Saint's that appeared after the defeat of the dreaded wingworm on a Beltane long past... In fact there was a sighting of the parent dragon in Tarl's shop only this last weekend, we knocked the stuffings out of him and doused him with much water...
Along with the piece of the true desk are documents attesting to it's authenticity (of the ink stained  pen divider from the true desk) and detailing the last known location of the desk, from the hands of  Anselm Bruinwood, :-)  I regret the piece of blotter paper that once rested beneath the relic was mislaid when it was replaced with a piece of red sari shot with silver. Bjorn having mentioning it's purported significance after Anselm's agent had entrusted me with such bounty...
Anselm afterword's sent proof of an egg standing upon its' peak at the appropriate time and date for such an occurrence, oh my...
Mistress Alix was so moved that she produced an icon of the Saint which was unveiled soon after Bjorn's passing, and was displayed with the other relics much to the amusement of our right beloved Caitlin, who was lost to us as well shortly thereafter...sigh
Vicountess Constance saw that a Thompson relic from the Abby of St. Dunstan was transferred to my care, a copy of the Curse of Lano which had been given to a relative of Thompson's who was beset by demons, signed by the Saints own hand...'Stacia

Many years ago a story was written about the patron saint of Namron, chosen by our founding Baron, Bjorn.  It concerned a young man named Ian of Caertha (John Denver) and a mystical Saint, Thompson the Hunter, and their adventures in the forest.  We have as a sainted relic a sliver from the desk of St. Thompson the Hunter, ask Mistress Stacia for more details.  One of my hopes is that one day we will do a Bayeaux Tapestry version of the life of St. Thompson, maybe now that the Abbery is working on the original when we get done we can start of the history - Gwyneth _______________________________________________
Namron mailing list
Namron at ansteorra.org