[Namron] Dealing with period police

Elric Dracwin dracwin at coxinet.net
Sun Jan 9 06:13:01 PST 2005

Chass,

It is a sad fact that insensitive people like you described exist in all
groups and organizations. I know many people that came to the SCA only to
leave because of the ignorant ravings of someone like that "lady". I am
proud of you for not taking that path. The alternatives are to ignore them
or confront them. Neither one will probably change the way that they "go
off" on people so I usually recommend you ignore them. Along with ignoring
them you could seek out someone that is not so "correct" and ask them for
guidance. It may end up with a good laugh instead of the justifiable
irritation you felt.

Don Elric Dracwin