[Namron] FW: Dryer awareness

Chris Melton CMelton at POTAWATOMI.ORG
Fri Jul 15 08:33:38 PDT 2005

I may get kicked for this but wanted to share and maybe save other some
money so they can have more to play

I actually went home and tried this. The water really did puddle up. Only a
little got through the screen. I don't know if it will make a difference,
but I figured I'll do it if it helps. Those things are expensive to replace.
:0)

Maeve,

Christine M. Melton

  _____

~Dryer awareness ~

Thought you all might try this. This is wonderful information!

   The heating unit went out of my dryer! The repairman went in to the dryer
and pulled out the lint filter. It was clean. We always clean the lint from
the filter after every load of clothes. He told us that he wanted to show us
something. He took the filter over to the sink and ran hot water over it.
Now, this thing is like a mesh-I'm sure you know what your dryer's lint
filter looks like - WELL......the hot water just laid on top of the mesh!!!
It didn't go through it at all!!! He told us that dryer sheets cause a film
over that mesh and that's what burns out the heating unit. You can't SEE the
film,but it's there. He said the best way to keep your dryer working for a
very long time (and to keep your electric bill lower) is to take that filter
out and wash it with hot soapy water and an old toothbrush (or other brush)
at least every six months. He said that mak! es the life of the dryer at
least twice as long! How about that???!!!! Learn something new everyday! I
certainly didn't know dryer sheets would do that. So, thought I'd share!

Note: I went to dryer and tested my screen by running water on it. The water
collected a little but ran though the screen. I dried it off and was ready
to put it back in the dryer since the water ran through it but, I thought
was the heck it won't hurt to wash it while I had it out.  Warm soapy water
and a nylon brush and I had it done in 30 seconds. I then ran the water over
the screen and what a difference the water just gushed through it with no
puddling at all and this time I was running the water at a faster rate. That
repairman knew what he was talking about.

PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO OTHER PEOPLE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK.

NOT ONLY COULD IT SAVE SOMEONE'S HOME, BUT IT COULD SAVE SOMEONES LIFE!!!

(Don't leave that dryer running when you leave the house. Ask any
firefighter!)

  _____

 //A sense of humor is part of the art of leadership, of getting along with
people, of getting things done.

Dwight <http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Dwight_D._Eisenhower/>  D.
Eisenhower
US general & Republican politician (1890 - 1969)