[Namron] Bjornsstead update

Samarrah bint Annaan samarrah_bint_annaan at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 29 05:23:37 PDT 2005

Greetings All!

Bjorn has asked me to post to the list this morning
regarding parking for the July 3rd festivities.

We are asking that no one parks in the driveway area
as we all usually do as this area is to be the "Set
off" area for the fireworks.  We have mowed the
pasture down to the pond on both sides of the pond
road for convenience in camping (AND swim practice...
AT YOUR OWN RISK! - a little info for Grimmie).  Also
- no children under 12 allowed at the pond without
adult supervision.

We will probably provide a "Parking Lot" on the west
side of the farm house.  During the day you are
welcome to use the driveway for loading and unloading
equipment, but please have all vehicles out of the way
before dusk...for the safety of your paint job.

Bjorn and my brother-in-law JJ are planning on making
all sorts of launching devices for the fireworks,
Billy has cleaned the garage so access to the pool
table and play station are much improved.  Bjorn is in
charge of the fireworks and all safety related stuff
in general.  All who want to help with the fireworks
should report to him immediately upon arrival to
Bjornsstead.

I'm making potato salad and a couple big coolers of
tea and lemonade. I may make more stuff depending on
how my back behaves. I have one grill, but if someone
wants to bring a couple extra for cooking more
stuff...you are most welcome and encouraged. Fishing
is certainly allowed as long as you plan on cooking
and sharing with the rest of us! LOL.  If you want to
fish and keep it, you're welcome to come back any time
we're not having a party/event/bonfire. :o)

There may also be water pistols around for the midgets
to have fun with so be prepared to get a little
suprise from time to time from a giggling short person
or two.

We WILL have a bonfire, but we won't light it until
most of the fireworks have been exploded so as to keep
the night sky a pitch black backdrop for our
sparklies!

AND...FINALLY...I've painted the Bjornsstead sign and
will hang it on the fence at my driveway for the first
timers coming out.  The yellow SCA sign will be set up
at our turnoff on HWY 74 to help.

So, if you're coming out and know what you're bringing
send me a line so I can see if we need anything else.
It's gonna be loud, it's gonna be fun, and it's gonna
light the night on fire!!!!

Lady Samarrah bint Annaan, Princess of Pie Procurement

God be with you in every pass. Jesus be with you on every hill.
 Spirit be with you in every stream, headland, ridge and law,
each sea and land, each moor and meadow, lying down and rising up,
 in the trough of the waves or on the crest of the billow.
 Each step of the journey you go, go with God.