[Namron] Pooky thy name is still Pooky..........

William Herron fitzbubba at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 11:01:23 PDT 2005

On 6/6/05, Lord Pooky <lord_pooky at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you to anyone who can help even in the littlest way. We are looking
> for  " Puhka Lovr ". I saw it at 25year in a russian name book on the
> heraldry table, but they didn't know how quintessential it was and decided
> to close the table instead of allowing ME to make such an egregious SCA err.

I find "puhka" in an Estonian dictionary as a variant of the verb "to
rest".  The dictionary I used is:

http://www.ibs.ee/dict/index.html

Search the Estonian languge for pukha.  One of the items that came up was

| rest a little; puhka vähe aega

Whether you can document an adjective as valid for a proper name would
be a matter for the College of Heralds.

I can't find a reference for "lovr".  All I have access to is current
English-Russian dictionaries, so it may be a past usage that has gone
away over time.

Care,
Bubba