[Namron] Gulf War issues...not a happy Tadhg

William Herron fitzbubba at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 20:36:17 PST 2005

> Bubba, I don't know your source of information, but I'd be careful what you
> state from here on out.  See the above implied threats for violating civil
> rights.
> Remember, what you type can and will be used against you.
> Matthias

The only source that I quotes started with http://www.usdoj.gov...
I'm pretty certain that referring to a document on the Department of
Justice's web site is okay.

As for "violating civil rights"...I haven't violated anyone's civil
rights, and I have no intention of doing so.  I am not in a position
of authority with respect to Chass' issues.  I was attempting to get a
clarification of his position as to why he feels that the Society
needs to be in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act
when I can't see how it would apply to us.

Matthias, if we as members of the Society can do things to help others
enjoy their version of "the Game", then I think we should.  I've done
so in the past, and will continue to do so.  What I don't want to see
happen is someone make some sort of broad, sweeping statement like
"the SCA is in violation of the ADA" when, well, it's just not true.
There are people who see something like that and say "gee, those
bastards in the Society don't like people with disabilities, so I'll
just quit and walk away".

There's enough stuff in the SCA that scares people away.  I'd like to
stomp on the things that aren't true so we don't have as many fires to
put out down the road.

Care,
Bubba