[Namron] Events Question

Ulf Gunnarsson ulfie at cox.net
Thu May 12 00:08:42 PDT 2005

Chass wrote:
> Of Course I will be at Kings College. But I was wondering about outside the
> Northern Region lol. I can look at the Calendar but I was wanting view
> points of who has been where.

We almost always make it to Steppes Warlord.  You are already familiar
with that site.  We frequently make it to Elfsea Defender and sometimes
to Elfsea Spring Faire.  They have been trying out some different sites,
so I cannot tell you what they are like.  Occasionally we make it down
to other places, like Bordermarch and Raven's Fort, or pop up to V'tavia
or to Lilies War in Calontir.  And we are planning on going out to Am
Loch in the Texas panhandle this August.

If you are curious about what a site is like, your best bet is to
contact the autocrat of an event or the seneschal of the group.  Explain
your mobility limits and ask if the facility could handle it and how
much weather is likely to affect that.  For that matter, anyone with
severe allergies to things that occur in nature, like bees, should
consider getting directions from the site to the nearest hospital and
leaving said directions with their camping friends.

As for which events are "fun"... each and every event has that
potential.  I've gone to Crown Tournaments, the event most often
described as boring, and had a blast.  Usually the key is going with or
meeting with friends.  Plan some things to do together with them, and be
ready to change your plans to fit the situation.  Some people enjoy
fighting, and some people enjoy dancing, but in general most people
enjoy people.

Baron Ulf