[Namron] Steamed Puddings

Ulf Gunnarsson ulfie at cox.net
Mon Oct 10 20:19:18 PDT 2005

The steamed pudding competition held list-side at Namron's Protectorate
went well.  We asked cooks, beginning or old, to create steamed puddings
and bring them to the list to be judged.  Sweet or savory puddings were
welcome with a list of ingredients, and documentation was encouraged but
not required.

We understand there were a few people who attempted this task but ran
into difficulties, as it is not necessarily a simple process.  Three
people managed to get their products to the field, though.  Elizabeth of
Castleton brought a fine tasting carrot pudding with sauce, Ayesha de
Warwick brought a tiered apple pudding with hard sauce, and Ian MacEwan
delivered a pumpkin pudding.

After receiving comments from many self-volunteered judges, and after
tasting them ourselves, we judged Ian's the winner.  While the flavor of
all three was superb, the fact that Ian cooked his on site in a Dutch
oven tipped the scales in his favor.

All were winners, as were the friends they shared these marvels with.

Look for another such competition on a different theme at next year's
Namron Protectorate.

Ulf and Maleah
Baron and Baroness of Namron